Congratulations to our team in the recent Norman Woodcock Relays: Paul Dinsley, Lou Thorpe and Nicola Dyson.
Saltwell Harriers enters a variety of relay races right through the year. Below is some info on each and members can sign-up to run in a club team in the weeks before a race.
- January – Birtley XC Relays – Held at Lord Lawson beamish academy school, Teams of 3 Includes 2 Laps each leg.
- February – Royal Signals Relays – NECAA Hetton Lyons Country Park, Teams include Senior/Vet Woman and V50+ Men made up of 4 legs and Senior/V40+men have 6 legs.
- April – Good Friday Relays – Albemarle Barracks airfield, Teams include Senior and Vet men are made up of 4 legs and Senior and V40+men have 6 legs.
- May – Gordon smith Road Relays – Cobalt business park – Teams include 3 legs on 2 mile course around cobalt business park.
- June – Weetslade Relays – Held at Weetslade Country Park, Teams include 3 legs each of 2.65 miles on a traffic free course.
- November/December – Norman Woodcock Relays – Held at Gosforth park, teams include 3 each of 1.66 miles each on a traffic free course.