We’re very excited to announce the start of the 2022-2023 Cross Country season!
The XC season will begin on Saturday 24 September at Wrekenton and we are now ready to enter our amazing Saltwell team.
How to take part
If you would like to take part in this year’s cross country season you can find below all the practical information:
The club will pay for your entries but you have to take part in at least 1 event of the season (in other words, if you sign up for the season but at the end of it you have not run at any event, the club will ask you for a refund for a value of £5).
Entries will be managed via bookwhen. We have already created an event for the first XC fixture so please if you would like to sign up for the season book yourself on for the 24 September event. (Just to make it clear, if you are not running on the 24th but you still want to run any other feature this year please book yourself anyway on the first event.) The other bookwhen events along the year will allow us to manage late entries or new Saltwell members. If you book yourself on the first event you do not have to book yourself on the future ones.
Entries for the first event will close on the 16th of September so, be sure you are signing up before the deadline or you will not be able to take part in the first event.
Date and location of all events of the season are:
- Sat 24 Sept 2022 – Wrekenton
- Sun 9 Oct 2022 – Druridge Bay
- Sat 29 Oct 2022 – Lambton Estate
- Sat 26 Nov 2022 – Aykley Heads
- Sat 7 Jan 2023 – Sherman Cup/Davison Shield, Temple Park
- Sat 11 Feb 2023 – Thornley Hall Farm, Peterlee
- Sat 4 Mar 2023 – Alnwick Castle
What is the North East Harrier League?
For the new members that never took part in XC here a little description of what it is:
The North East Harrier League is a series of six races for athletic clubs in the North East of England. You have to be a member of a club to compete in it and you need to wear your club vest at any race (if you do not have a vest yet, please email the club and we will be able to provide you one.)
If you decide to sign up, you will get a number that will be your number for the full season (do not lose it or swap it around, a wrong number means disqualification!)
You do not have to compete in all of the races and you can start at any point of the season. Each race is in a different location with different terrains and different profiles.
Women run two laps (approx. 4 mile distance) while men run 3 laps (approx. a 6 mile distance).
And most importantly: it is really good fun with your Saltwell team!
- Numbers will be available on the day from one of your captains or vice captains.
- Keep your number for the whole season, if you lose it you will need to pay a fee to have a new one (5£ fee!!)
- If you are in the process of moving to Saltwell Harriers from a different club, be sure to complete this operation before you sign up for the event!
- You must run wearing your Saltwell Harrier vest!
- Any practical questions please contact one of the captains or vice captains.
Now, dust off your spikes, prepare your vest, warm up your muscles, put your elbows out and be ready to run!
Come on the HOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!